- Our firm has extensive experience in all the business aspects regulated by corporate law. From the formation of corporations to their winding up, Mendoza, Palacios, Acedo, Borjas, Páez Pumar & Cía. provides all the services required throughout the life of these entities. Some of the firm's attorneys have been recognized nationally as being among the leading authorities in Venezuela regarding commercial law, especially with respect to corporations, with important publications on the subject.
- We start with the design of the appropriate corporate structure to suit the type of transaction or business enterprise sought by the client. We have actively participated in the formation of many joint ventures, of every size, involving not only Venezuelan individuals and corporations, but also foreign partners and state-owned enterprises. We usually continue to advise all these entities throughout their corporate lives.
- We have considerable experience dealing with securities regulations. We are also skilled in structuring bond issues, capital increases, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, debt restructurings, liquidations and bankruptcies.
- Apart from the services offered in the area of corporate law itself, we counsel corporations in all their actions under ordinary commercial and civil law. We are regularly involved in the negotiation and drafting of agreements regarding construction, real estate, purchase, sale, insurance, loan financing and leasing, regardless of the complexities involved and always within the context of the specific area in which our clients operate.
- We also take care of tax and regulatory issues material to the business of the corporation.
- In the area of technology licensing and transfer, we have had extensive experience in the negotiation and drafting of the corresponding agreements. Furthermore, we have ample experience with regard to trademarks and patents, including litigation in this area.
- We are very active participants in the international corporate area. Since our origins in 1896, when most of the major foreign companies doing business in Venezuela were clients of our predecessor, Escritorio Bance, up to the present time, when we counsel many foreign institutions active in different economic areas in Venezuela, such as financial institutions, industries and joint ventures.
Go to Recent