- Mendoza, Palacios, Acedo, Borjas, Páez Pumar & Cía. is one of the most capable law firms in the area of employment and labor law. We assist our clients regarding all the aspects of their relationship with their workers.
- At the planning level, we advise our clients and their industrial relations departments on how to interpret the law, the risks involved in particular corporate policies, issues of safety and health, work stoppages, and on how to deal with labor unions.
- We help management to negotiate individual agreements as well as collective bargaining agreements.
- We counsel many important companies, such as Asea Brown Boveri, Olivenca, Grupo Unión Fenosa, Lafarge, Banco Mercantil, Formiconi and Provivienda, regarding labor issues and policies. We also advise Universidad Metropolitana in relation to labor matters. We are frequently consulted by major international law firms regarding these issues on behalf of their clients.
- We have extensive experience litigating labor cases at every level, from the perspective of management. Our clients rely in our lawyers’ expertise in labor matters, as well as in their practical skills in judicial procedure.
- We have recently been involved in litigation of labor cases from the workers’ perspective, in an exceptional situation, where approximately 50% of the workers of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA) were dismissed. At the request of former top management PDVSA officials, we have organized the general strategy for the defense of the dismissed employees, and are representing a large number of those workers individually.
Go to Recent